Guidelines for authors
VAGUS is a platform for all the authors to present their findings and contribute their knowledge in the field of science. The articles that get submitted will increase the author’s visibility amongst the scientific community and also provides the valuable information on science and research to the readers and creates a positive attitude towards science and scientific research. The peer review processing of articles is done impartially and unbiased henceforth it could be beneficial for both, the reader and the author.
Our organization being ethically straightforward, we wish to explain about the well-defined and most accepted guidelines that should be followed by every author while submitting their research work for publishing. Authors will get benefitted by the high level of quality in the peer review process that is followed by the organization.
Apart from this service, the authors can submit their manuscript to VAGUS IPS in many ways. Some of them are
- Authors always get help from editors.
- Providing help in language revision.
- Getting quality product results in increased visibility of the article.
- Online services provide immediate open access.
- Getting communication gateway between other members.
For Manuscript preparation
VAGUS IPS believes in and supports the guidelines proposed by the ICMJE, the statutory regulatory body for the Internet Publishing community. Hence we wish that the authors adopt from and follow these guidelines before submitting manuscripts for publishing. Consideration with good understanding towards guidelines will help us to process manuscripts through a peer review process accurately.
VAGUS IPS considers the one which is having below mentioned components collectively as a complete manuscript.
- Cover letter(Required)
- Manuscript (Required)
- Supporting information
It is an important component which should be submitted along with the manuscript.
The cover letter must have the details mentioned below.
- Content in the cover letter could be approximately one-page.
- Name of one author on behalf of all authors.
- Names of co – authors or affiliations if any.
- Confirmation that the submitted article is approved by co-authors and it is the final version.
- Type of article – New article / Research article / Case report.
- Journal name for which the article or manuscript is being submitted.
- Information if the article was published or presented in at any conference or at any other platforms. In such cases, the below details need to be furnished
- Name of the conference or meeting.
- The place and address where it was held.
- Name of the author with contact address (Postal / Mailing address with pin code) and his E Mail Address.
- Phone number.
- Fax number (Optional).
The articles submitted by the authors should be a completely new contribution to the journal and one that should not have been published earlier in any form. They may include the new research works or case reports, etc. There is no restriction on the length of the articles and supporting information.
The article must contain following segments.
Manuscript title: Title text that must be meaningful, clear, informative and easy to search on the web. It should simulate information in the article. The length of the article must not exceed 100 characters.
1 Author’s information.
Authors should provide their details in the below mentioned sequence.
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
If there are any concerns with this format, they can provide the information in their own traditional format
- Education qualification
- Designation in the occupation
- University or Organization
- Organizational affiliation
- Full Address with pin code
3 Key word.
- Abstract is a very important part for any article, and upon reading the abstract, the reader should be able to get the feel of the content or information present in the article and should be able decide whether or not to continue reading the article.
- The abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- Abstract must not contain abbreviations and citations or references.
4 Use only standard abbreviations.
- Having keywords in the abstract makes better sense and will help the readers in finding them in the article.
- Keywords contain 4 to 10 words which are used for the purpose of indexing.
- Keywords must be separated by commas (,).
- Keywords should be listed in alphabetical order.
6 Text formats and fonts.
- It should contain the information about people who have contributed to the preparation of the manuscript.
- If any information like text, image or figures is being reprinted with the permission of the respected author or publisher, acknowledge them in this segment.
7 Figures and tables.
- With regard Text formatting the preferable font size is 12 points, with font Times New Roman or any other traditional font.
- Table functions can be chosen instead of the spreadsheet and Arabic numbers can be used.
8 Supporting information.
- Figures should be in the form of best quality digital photo graphics or professionally drawn digital images.
- Preferable image format is JPEG. This doesn’t mean that VAGUS accepts only JPEG. As JPEG format will produce high quality in the web it is more suitable.
- Black – and – White or color photographic prints when sending diagnostic images, x-ray films, scans and other photomicrographs with a size of 127 x 173 mm (5 x 7 inches).
- Title and explanatory information about each image which is being sent along with an article for publication should be provided.
- Acknowledge the source image with written permission from the copyright holder.
- For efficient display of information, always prefer tables.
- There is no limit on the length of this information. Moreover, it required for expansion of an article with relevant information.
- Supporting information include the following.
- Naming conventions – Object type is ‘SM’ followed by a ‘Number’ and at the end with a ‘.’ Period.
- Text SM1
- Figure SM1
- Table SM1
- Video SM1
- Animation SM1
These documents can have a caption with less than 300 words.