|Name||Hasan N. Alkumru|
Visiting Professor in Yeniyuzyil University Istanbul Turkey
Dr. Hasan Alkumru Graduated from Ankara University Faculty of Dentistry and completed his PhD in collaboration with Birmingham university Faculty of Dentistry, England and Ankara University. Dr. Alkumru worked as the Head of Department of Prosthodontics and Vice Dean in Marmara University Faculty of Dentistry, Department Prosthodontics in between 1995 – 2002. He also worked as a private practitioner in his office in Istanbul. He was awarded as the Year of Professor in 2004 in Marmara University. He gave lectures in Europe (Finland, Hungary, Belgium, England, Scotland, Denmark) related to fixed prosthodontics, esthetics. Occlusion and TMJ disorders. Dr. Alkumru was offered a position in the University of Toronto, Canada and started to work in Toronto in 2009. He was awarded as the Teacher of the Year in Toronto University in 2013. Dr. Alkumru became the Head of Department of Prosthodontics in Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics in between 2011 - 2014. He also work as a Prosthodontist in Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto in between 2011 – 2013. He was offered a position in Department of Prosthodontics, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, London, CANADA and started to work in Western University as from October 2014. Dr. Alkumru is an official lecture of Royal College of Dental surgeons of Ontario Canada for continuing education and has been giving lectures throughout Ontario - Canada on Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Prosthodontics. Dr Alkumru published more than 50 international articles, and conducted 3 masters Thesis in University of Toronto, 7 PhD thesis in Marmara University. He is married with two daughters.
Annual Meeting of American Academy of Prosthodontics
April 6 – 8 2014, Chicago, USA
• Post-Core Restorations
FDI August 2013 AWDC, Istanbul Turkey
• Problem Solving in Fixed prosthodontics
International Dental Meeting
August, Oulu, 2007, FINLAND
• Laminate veneers, treatment planning, preparation and adhesive cementation
Annual Meeting of Restorative Dentistry
Marmara University Faculty of Dentistry
May 10th 2012 Istanbul-TURKEY
• 1) Ceramic Inlay, Onlay Restorations,
2) Zirconia Based Fixed Dental Prosthesis
Annual Meeting of Turkish Society of Restorative Dentistry
Gazi University University, Faculty of Dentistry Ankara-TURKEY, November 5-6, 2012
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
1) Waad, K and Alkumru H. Assessing the Buccolingual Position and Angulation of Single Implants Restored in the Predoctoral Dentistry Program. Int J Oral Health Dent Manag, 1: 1: 1-7, 2017
2) Kinga Baskai, Hasan Alkumru, Grace De Souza, Yoav Finer Accuracy of Digital vs Conventional Implant Impression Approach: A Three-Dimensional Comparative In Vitro Analysis.
The International journal of oral & maxillofacial implants, Jun 2017
3) Turker, SB; Alkumru HN; Akalin B Fracture resistance of endodontically treated canines restored with different sizes of fiber post and all-ceramic crowns.. The journal of advanced prosthodontics 8(2):158 • April 2016
4) Lee HW, Alkumru HN, Ganns B, Liu The Effect of Contamination of Implant Screws on Reverse Torque. PR The International journal of oral & maxillofacial implants 30(5):1054-1060 • September 2015
5) Jokstad A, Alkumru HN Immediate function on the day of surgery compared with a delayed implant loading process in the mandible: A randomized clinical trial over 5 years HN Clinical Oral Implants Research 25(12):1325-1335 • December 2014
6) Alhazmi M, Uctasli S, Zahran M, Alkumru HN, El-Mowafy O Angle of convergence of posterior crowns prepared by under-graduate students Journal of Dental Education, Sep 2013
7) Jokstad A, Alkumru HN Mandibular full-arch FDPs on four immediate-load implants after 4 years. IADR International Association for Dental Research, Volume: J Dent Res 91(Spec Iss A): Abstract #337
8) Jokstad A, Alkumru HN Immediate load full-arch mandibular implant-retained FDPs over 3-years RCT AADR Annual Meeting 2012, Volume: J Dent Res 91(Spec Iss A): Abstract number 430
9) Alhazmi M, Uctasli S, Zahran M, Alkumru HN, El-Mowafi Angle of convergence of posterior crowns prepared by under-graduate students Mar 2012 AADR Annual Meeting 2012
10) Kandil M, De souza GM, Alkumru HN, El-Mowafy O MIcrotensile Bond Strength of Self-Adhesive Resin Cements to e-Max crowns IADR/AADR/CADR General Session and Exhibition 2013
11) Jokstad A, Alkumru HA Consort diagram: Immediate function on the day of surgery compared with a delayed implant loading process in the mandible: a randomized clinical trial over 5 years. December 2014
12) Jokstad A, Alkumru H, Full arch implant-retained dental prostheses in the edentulous mandible. A randomized controlled trial over 5 years comparing same-day loading versus delayed healing. International Journal of Oral Implantology and Clinical Research, 2013/ 1-11
13) Alkumru HN, Türker,SB The fracture resistance of pulpless teeth restored with different sizes of fiber-reinforced post-core systems with full ceramic crowns: Accepted to Journal of dentistry and Oral Health in December 2013.
14) Türker SB, Mandalı G , Buğurman B, Şener ID, Alkumru HA: Color Stability of Different Composite Resin Materials Bleached with Three Bleaching Agents. Marmara Dental Journal (2013) 1: 9-15
15) Yucel MA, Gozneli R, Alkumru H; Evaluating the additional effects of arthrocentesis on the condylar pathways of temporomandibular joint in patients with internal derangement treated with stabilizing splint. Journal of Cranio Maxillo-Facial Surgery 41 (2013), pp. 685–689
16) Alkumru H, Akkayan B, Gaucher H, Atalay S. Fracture Strength of Teeth in Oval-Shaped Root Canals Restored with Posts and Accessory Post Systems. Canadian Journal of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics 2012; 6: 24-37.
17) Akkayan B, Atalay S, Gaucher H, Alkumru H The effect of post geometry on the resistance to fracture of endodontically treated teeth with oval-shaped root canals .CJRDP; 2010;3(3):20-26.
18) Turker SB, Alkumru HN, Evren B. Prospective clinical trial of polyethylene fiber ribbon-reinforced, resin composite post-core buildup restorations. Int J Prosthodont 2007;20(1):55-6.
19) Ozcan M, Alkumru HN, Gemalmaz D. The effect of surface treatment on the shear bond strength of luting cement to a glass infiltrated alumina ceramic. Int J Prosthodont 2001;14:335-339.
20) Gemalmaz D, Ozcan M, Alkumru HN. A clinical evaluation of a fired ceramic inlay system luted with different luting agents. J Adhesiv Dent 2001;3:273-282.
21) Gemalmaz D, Berksun S, Alkumru HN, Kasapoğlu Ç. Thermal cycling distortion of porcelain fused to metal fixed partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1998;80:654-660.
22) Gemalmaz D, Yoruç AB, Özcan M, Alkumru HN. The effect of early water contact on solubility of glass ionomer luting cements. J Prosthet Dent 1998;80:474-478.
23) Gemalmaz D, Özcan M, Yoruç AB, Alkumru HN: Marjinal adaptation of a sintered ceramic inlay system before and after cementation. J Oral Rehabil 1997; 24:646-651.
24) Gemalmaz D, Sertgöz A, Özcan M, Yoruç AB, Alkumru HN. In vivo and in vitro evaluation of marjinal integrity in ceramic inlays. J Eur Prosthodont Assoc 1996;2:465-469.
25) Gemalmaz D, Berksun S, Kasapoğlu Ç, Alkumru HN. Distortion of metal ceramic fixed partial denture resulting from metal-conditioning firing. Quintessence Int 1996;27:193-201.
26) Sertgöz A, Gemalmaz D, Alkumru HN, Yoruç B. Luting composite thickness of two ceramic inlay systems. Eur J Prosthodont Rest Dent 1995;3: 151-154.
27) Gemalmaz D, Alkumru HN. Marjinal fit changes during porcelain firing cycles. J Prosthet Dent 1995;73:49-54.
28) İlbay SG, Güvener S, Alkumru HN. Processing dentures using a microwave technique. J Oral Rehabil 1994;21:103-109.
29) Gemalmaz D, Alkumru HN. Marjinal distortion of metal-ceramic restorations during the porcelain firing procedure. J Marmara Univ Dent Faculty 1993;1:285-289.
30) Alkumru HN, Beydemir K. The prevalence of candida albicans in complete denture and partial denture wearers. A comperative study. J Marmara Univ Dent Faculty 1992;1:218-222.
31) Alkumru HN, Wilson HJ, Bor Ş. The fit of all-ceramic crowns cemented with different luting agents. J Marmara Univ Dent Faculty 1992;1:198-20215- Alkumru HN, Çölek G. Hemifacial microsomia and hypodontia: A case report. J Oral Rehabil 1992;19:671-675.
32) Kedici PS, Alkumru HN, Ercan MT. Autoradiographic determination of penetration of the phosphoric acid during cementation. J Dent 1988;16:242-243.
33) Alkumru HN, Hullah WR, Marquis PM, Wilson HJ. Factors affecting thi fit of porcelain jacket crowns. Br Dent J 1988;164:39-43.
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN NATIONAL JOURNALS
1) Gemalmaz D, Özcan M, Alkumru HN. General characteristics of luting cements. J Turkish Dent Assoc. 2001; 3: 25-33.
2- Ünlü B, Gemalmaz D, Alkumru HN. A clinical evaluation of zinc phosphate and glass ionomer cements used for orthodontic banding. J Selcuk Univ Dent Faculty1997;7:1-4.
3- Gemalmaz D, Alkumru HN. Reasons for distortion of metal framework in metal-fused-toporcelain restorations during porcelain firing cycle. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1994;21:47-50.
4- Üçtaşlı S, Spence D, Alkumru HN. An evaluation of custom made impression tray materials. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1993;20:259-263.
5- Berksun S, Alkumru HN, Özden N. Comparison of marginal fit of metal and shoulder porcelain in metal-fused-to-porcelain crowns. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1989;16(3):393-
6- Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. A new material and technique in constructing porcelain jacket crown: Hi-Ceram. Oral 1988;5(52-53-53):20-24.
7- Kedici PS, Alkumru HN. Bleaching of vital teeth with fluorosis stains. Oral 1987;3(34):10-13.
8- Alkumru HN, Hullah B, Wilson HJ. The new Cerestore (non-shrink ceramics) system crowns. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1986;13(1-2-3):185-194.
9- Alkumru HN. Conservative cosmetic contouring. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(3):69-83.
10- Alkumru HN. Bruxism: Etiology, diagnosis and treatment. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(3):23-40.
11- Kedici PS, Alkumru HN. Theory and daily application of functional occlusion. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(3):41-58.
12- Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. The Overbridge: An alternate treatment. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(3):59-67
13- Kedici PS, Alkumru HN. The prosthetic approaches for cleft lip and palate patients. J Hacettepe Univ Dent Faculty 1985;9(2):165-174.
14- Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. A photoelastic analysis of force transmisson of intra coronal retainers. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(2):51-64.
15- Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. Retention capacity of intra coronal retainers. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(2):43-50.
16- Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. A clinical application of modified intra coronal retainer for the retention of partial dentures constructed for maxillary arches with minimal number of remaining teeth. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;2(2): 27-42.
17- Zaimoğlu A, Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. Restoring occlusion of a bruxing patient. J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;12(2):87-101.
18- Alkumru HN, Kedici PS. Application of a modified bar retained prosthesis. J Marmara Univ Dent Faculty 1985;1(7):19-23.
19- Yavuzyılmaz H, Burgaz Y, Alkumru HN. Localizing cusps for functional occlusal morphology J Ankara Univ Dent Faculty 1982;9(2):77-92