|Name||Ujjal Kumar Nath|
January 2013 – April 2014 : Served as Assistant Proctor in Bangladesh Agricultural University for maintaining student discipline
July 2012 - : Get position as Professor, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, Bangladesh
April 2008 – August 2012 : Served as House Tutor (general) in Ashraful Haq Hall, Bangladesh Agricultural University for managing student residence.
June 2008 – June 2012 : Served as Associate Professor, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, Bangladesh
July 2010 – June 2012 : Served as the Head of the Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, Bangladesh
2004– 24/06/08 : Served as an Assistant Professor, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, BAU
2001 - 2004 : Served as Lecturer, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, BAU
Name of the degree Duration of the study Year of passing Board / University Results / Grade
Secondary School Certificate (SSC) 10 years (1979-1989) 1989 Jessore First division (Top grade)
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) 02 years (1989-1991) 1991 Jessore First division (Top grade)
B.Sc.Ag 04 years (1992-1995) 1995 (held in 1999) Bangladesh Agricultural University First Class with top position
Master of Science (MS) in GPB 02 years (1999-2001) 2001 Bangladesh Agricultural University First Class with distinction (A+)
Doctor of Science in Agriculture (D.Sc.) 04 years 2008 Georg-August University, Göttingen, Germany Grade: 1.0
Post-Doctorate 6 months 2011 Georg-August University, Göttingen, Germany Successful
Post-Doctorate 6 months 2015 Georg-August University, Göttingen, Germany Successful
Post-Doctorate 2 and half years Dec 2015 - Sunchon National University, South Korea On going
I. Membership of difference scientific entity:
Life Member of Plant Breeding Society, Bangladesh
Life Member of Biotechnology Society, Bangladesh
Life Member of Ganotantrik Shikhok Forum, Bangladesh agricultural University, bangladesh
II. Experiences of a residential university and ability to develop the corporate activities of the students:
a) As a house tutor (general) for 2 and half years in Ashraful Haque Hall, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
b) As a Provost for 2 months in Ashraful Haque Hall, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
c) As Head of the Dept. of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
d) As Secretary general of Ganotantrik Shikhok Forum, Faculty of Agriculture, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh for 02 years in two terms.
e) As an Assistant Proctor, Bangladesh agricultural University, Mymensingh for 01 year and 04 months
List of research projects implemented and under imnplementation:
Sl No. Research project title Status in the project Donor Current status
1. Somaclonal variation and molecular characterization for developing strawberry in Bangladesh Principal Investogator Bangladeeh Agricultural Univesity Research System (BAURES), BAU, Mymensingh Completed
2. Development of drought tolerant rice genotype by allele mining and gene pyramiding Principal Investogator USDA Proposed
3. Development of sweet Strawberry adopt in Bangladesh through somaclonal variation and marker aided selection Principal Investogator UGC Completed
4. Pyramiding of sub1 and saltol and early maturity genes in elite rice variety for ensuring sustainable rice production in adverse climatic situation Principal Investogator MOIST Partly completed
5. Breeding of rice for salt and submergence tolerance Principal Investogator BAURES On-going
6. Marker assisted selection and development of doubled haploid lines in Brassica napus for early maturity Principal Investogator MOIST On-going
7. Identification early flower controlling gene orthologue and their RNA signaling in Braasica rapa Principal Investogator MOIST Completed
Education and trainings
October 2004 – March 2008
: Studied at the Department of Crop Sciences, division- Plant Breeding, Georg-August University, Göttingen, Germany and awarded D.Sc. degree in Plant Breeding
2000 - 2001 : Studied at Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh and awarded M.S. degree in Genetics and Plant Breeding
1992 - 1995 : Studied at Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh and awarded B.Sc. degree in Agricultural Science
1989 - 1991 : Studied at Govt. Bakerganj College for Higher Secondary (H.S.C.) education, Bakerganj, Barisal, Bangladesh
1979 - 1989 : Attended primary school and secondary school (S.S.C.) education at Bakerganj J.S.U. high school, Bakerganj, Barisal, Bangladesh
April 2010 : Attending a 6 weeks training on “Molecular Biology” at the Department of Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology, University of Fukui, Japan. Arranged by Dr. Masaya Oki, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology, University of Fukui, Japan
February 2010 Attended a 3 weeks training on “Molecular Biology” at International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Philippines. Arranged by IRRI
Jun 2011-Dec2011 : Completed a PostDoc in Germany with the funding of DAAD scholarship
Dec 2015- : PostDoc at South Korea in Green Biotechnology
June 2015-Nov15 : Completed a PostDoc in Germany with the funding of EU exchange scholarship
2009 : Attended a 3 weeks training on “Intellectual property right” at ministry of commerce and industry, People’s republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka. Arranged by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Switzerland
2003 : Attended a training on “facilitating learning” at Graduate training institute (GTI), Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh and Olds College, Canada
2003 : Attended a training on “Scientific Report writing” at GTI, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
2002 : Attended a training on “Teaching Methods and Techniques” at GTI, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
2001 : Attended training on “Various common Laboratory equipments” arranged by Network of Instrument Technical personnel and User scientists of Bangladesh (NITUB)
2001 : Participated a 3 months “English Language course” in English Society, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
1999 : Attended a training on “Administration, Office management and Communication” at GTI, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
Genetics and Plant Breeding , Biotechnology, Agricultural Sciences
List of Publications:
a) List of published scientific articles in national and international journals:
1. Akhter D, Qin R, Nath UK, Alamin M, Jin X, Shi C (2018) The Brown Midrib Leaf (bml) Mutation in Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Causes Premature Leaf Senescence and the Induction of Defense Responses. Genes 9, 203: 1-17. https://doi:10.3390/genes9040203
2. Khatun K, Nath UK, Park JI, Kim CK, Nou IS, Chung MY (2018) Expression Profiling of the CSDP Transcription Factor Gene Family Points to Roles in Organ Development and Abiotic Stress Response in Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). Plant Molecular Biology Reporter. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11105-018-1075-1
3. Yang K☯, Nath UK☯, Biswas MK, Kayum MA, Yi G, Lee J, Yang TJ, Nou IS (2018) Whole-genome sequencing of Brassica oleracea var. capitata reveals new diversity of the mitogenome. PLoS ONE. 13(3): e0194356. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0194356;☯equal contribution.
4. Hossain MR, Kim HT, Shanmugam A, Nath UK, Goswami G, Song JY, Park JI, Nou IS (2018) Expression Profiling of Regulatory and Biosynthetic Genes in Contrastingly Anthocyanin Rich Strawberry (Fragaria _ ananassa) Cultivars Reveals Key Genetic Determinants of Fruit Color. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 19, 656; https://doi:10.3390/ijms19030656
5. Biswas MK, Nath UK, Howlader J, Bagchi M, Natarajan S, Kayum MA, Kim HT, Park JI, Kang JG, Nou IS (2018) Exploration and Exploitation of Novel SSR Markers for Candidate Transcription Factor Genes in Lilium Species. Genes. 9(2)97; https://doi:10.3390/genes9020097
6. Kayum MA, Nath UK, Park JI, Biswas MK, Choi EK, Song JY, Kim HT, Nou IS (2018) Genome-wide Identification, Characterization, and Expression Profiling of Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) Family in Pumpkin Reveals Likely Role in Cold-Stress Tolerance. Genes. 9(2)84; https://doi:10.3390/genes9020084
7. Kang SI, Hwang I, Goswami G, Jung HJ, Nath UK, Yoo HJ, Lee JM, Nou IS (2017) Molecular Insights Reveal Psy1, SGR, and SlMYB12 Genes are Associated with Diverse Fruit Color Pigments in Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). Molecules. 22(2180):1-15.
8. Kayum MA, Park JI, Nath UK, Saha G, Biswas MK, Kim HT, Nou IS (2017) Genome-wide characterization and expression profiling of PDI family gene reveals function as abiotic and biotic stress tolerance in Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa ssp. pekinensis). BMC Genomics 18(885):1-20. https://DOI 10.1186/s12864-017-4277-2
9. Alam MN, Nath UK, Karim KMR, Ahmed MM, Mitul RY (2017) Genetic variability of exotic sugarcane genotypes. Scientifica. Article ID 5202913. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/5202913
10. Lee JS, Nath UK, Goswami G, Nou IS (2017) Assessment of different growing conditions for enhanced postharvest quality and shelf-life of leaf lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.). Agronomy Research. 15(5): 1944–1955. https://doi.org/10.15159/AR.17.062
11. Khatun K, Nath UK, Robin AHK, Park JI, Lee DJ, Kim MB, Kim CK, Lim KB, Nou IS, Chung MY (2017) Genome-wide analysis and expression profiling of zinc finger homeodomain (ZHD) family genes reveal likely roles in organ development and stress responses in tomato. BMC Genomics. 18:695. https://DOI 10.1186/s12864-017-4082-y
12. Jung HJ, Kayum MA, Thamilarasan SK, Nath UK, Park JI, Chung MY, Hur Yk, Nou IS (2017) Molecular characterisation and expression profiling of calcineurin B-like (CBL) genes in Chinese cabbage under abiotic stresses. Functional Plant Biology. 44(7) 739-750.
13. Khatun K, Robin AHK, Park JI, Nath UK, Kim CK , Lim KB, Nou IS, Chung MY (2017) Molecular Characterization and Expression Profilingof Tomato GRF Transcription Factor Family Genes in Response to Abiotic Stresses and Phytohormones. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 18, 1056; 1-20. https://doi:10.3390/ijms18051056.
14. Alam MA, Seetharam K, Zaidi PH, Dinesh A, Vinayan MT, Nath UK (2017) Dissecting heat stress tolerance in tropical maize (Zea mays L.). Field Crops Research. 204: 110–119.
15. Kayum MA, Park JI, Nath UK, Biswas MK, Kim HT, Nou IS (2017) Genome-wide expression profiling of aquaporin genes confer responses to abiotic and biotic stresses in Brassica rapa.
BMC Plant Biology.17:23 (DOI 10.1186/s12870-017-0979-5).
16. Nath UK, Kim HT, Khatun K, Park JI, Kang KK, Nou IS (2016) Modification of Fatty Acid Profiles of Rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) Oil for Using as Food, Industrial Feed-Stock and Biodiesel. Plant Breeding and Biotechnology. 4(2):123-134.
17. Kayum MA , Kim HT, Nath UK, Park JI, Kho KH, Cho YG, Nou IS (2016) Research on Biotic and Abiotic Stress Related Genes Exploration and Prediction in Brassica rapa and B. oleracea: A Review. Plant Breeding and Biotechnology. 4(2):135-144.
18. Alam M K, Rahman MS, Mustakima QKJ, Md. Sohag KH, Ahmed NU, Nath UK, Alam MS, Rahman L (2016) SSR based molecular diversity study in local rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes of Bangladesh. International Journal of Innovative Research 1(2):17–24.
19. Islam AKMS, Nath UK, Rai PK, Rahman MM, Haque MA, Rahman MA (2016) Genetic study and selection of soybean lines for higher yield. International Journal of Biosciences 8(2): 209-217. DOI10.12692/ijb/8.2.209-217
20. Joya SD, Shamsuddin AKM, Nath UK (2016) Genetic variability and characters associations in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Bangladesh journal of Plant Breeding and Genetics 29(2):11-16
21. Haque MS, Nath UK, Iqbal MS, Khatun RA, Jani AHAA (2015) Assessment of field performance and genetic diversity analysis of tissue culture variants of strawberry. Journal of Agricultural Technology. 11(1):193-209.
22. Iqbal MS, Hamim I, Haque MS, Nath UK (2015) Genetic diversity analysis of mustard (Brassica spp.) germplasm using molecular marker for selection of short duration genotypes. African Journal of Biotechnology. 14(17):1439-1448.
23. Nath UK, Rani S, Paul MR, Alam MN, Horneburg B (2014) Selection of Superior Lentil (Lens esculenta M.) Genotypes by Assessing Character Association and Genetic Diversity. The Scientific World Journal. 2014:( Article ID 372405):1-6.
24. Iqbal MS, Haque MS, Nath UK, Hamim Islam (2014) Genetic diversity analysis of mustard germplasm based on phenotypic traits for selection of short duration genotypes. Int. J. Agric. Sci. Res. 3(8): 141-156.
25. Malek MA, Rafii MY, Afroz MSS, Nath UK, Mondal MMA (2014) Morphological characterization and assessment of genetic variability, character association and divergence in soybean mutants. The Scientific World Journal. 2014:( Article ID 968796):1-12.
26. Islam F, Azad MAK, Nath UK (2014) Effect of Gamma ray on Nerica-1 Rice and selection of desirable mutants. Bangladesh J. Nuclear Agric. 30:13-20.
27. Akhter D, Hassan L, Nath UK, Sarkar KK, Bhattacharya R (2014) Development of Salt tolerance Brassica campestris lines through somaclonal variation under saline stress. Bangladesh J. Agriculturist. 7(1):1-6.
28. Alam MK, Nath UK, Azad MAK, Alam MA, Khan AA (2013) Genetics of yield and related traits in groundnut using diallel analysis. Bull. Inst. Trop. Agr., Kyushu Univ. 36: 45-58.
29. Goswami G, Nath UK, Hasan S, Möllers C (2013) Phenotypic effect and regulation of high erucic acid transgene in double haploid rapeseed (Brassica napus) population. Int. J. Bio. Res. 1:5-12.
30. Alam MK, Nath UK, Azad MAK, Alam MA, Khan AA (2013) Combining ability analysis for yield and yield contributing traits of groundnut. Journal of Science and Technology. 11:106-111.
31. Alam MK, Nath UK, Azad MAK, Alam MA, Khan AA (2013) Genetic analysis of some agronomic traits in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Int. J. Agril. Res. Inno. & Tech. 3 (2): 31-35.
32. Alam MK, Nath UK, Azad MAK, Alam MA, Khan AA (2013) Correlation and path coefficient analysis in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Bangladesh J. Agril. Res.
33. Rashid JA, Alam MS, Moniruzzaman M, Salim M, Azad MAK, Nath UK (2012) Genetic study of groundnut (arachis hypogaea L.) mutants for their yield attributes and oil content. Bangladesh J. Prog. Sci. & Tech. 10(2): 181-186.
34. Biswas PL, Nath UK, Ghosal S, Patwary AK (2012) Genotype-environment interaction and stability analysis of four fine rice varieties. J Bangladesh Agril Univ. 10(1): 1-7.
35. Akhter D, Hassan LH, Nath UK, Mia MS (2012) Selection for salt tolerant Brassica campestris genotypes through in vitro techniques. Bangladesh J. Prog. Sci. & Tech. 10(2):25-28.
36. Debsharma SK, Nath UK, Azad AK, Alam MJ, Das KPB (2011) Selection of groundnut lines for genetic diversity and high yield performance. Bangladesh J. Seed Sci. & Tech. 15:173-180.
37. Debsharma SK, Nath UK, Azad AK, Alam MJ, Roy C (2011) Evaluation of groundnut mutants for disease reaction and flowering pattern. Bangladesh J. Seed Sci. & Tech. 15:147-152.
38. Ferdous M, Nath UK, Islam A (2011) Genetic divergence and genetic gain in bread wheat through selection practices. J Bangladesh Agril Univ. 9(1):1-4.
39. Alam MA, Nath UK, Malek MA, Ali MA (2011) Interspecific crossability between Brassica juncea and Brassica campestris and genetic performance of Brassica genotypes. Bangladesh J. Prog. Sci. & Tech. 9(1):37-40.
40. Shafrin F, Nath UK, Alam MS, Akhter D (2010) Selection of microspore derived embryo genotypes based on fatty acid pattern analysis in rapeseed. Int. J. Bio. Res. 2(12): 05-07.
41. Shafrin F, Nath UK, Alam MS, Akhter D (2010) Development of doubled haploid rapeseed genotypes through microspore culture. Intl. J. Bio. Res. 2(11): 07-10.
42. Alam MA, Nath UK, Malek MA, Rani S (2010) Interspecific crossability between brassica juncea and brassica campestris, for developing short duration mustard genotype. Int. J. Bio. Res. 2(10): 13-15.
43. Naher J, Alam MSE, Nath UK, Hossain A (2010) Genetic study and divergence analysis for morphological and quality improving traits of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.). Bangladesh J. crop. Sci. 21(1&2): 131-142.
44. Hassan H, Naher J, Nath UK, Parvin N (2010) Morphogenetical characterization and performance of 7x7 diallel crosses of wheat (Triticum aestivum). Bangladesh J. crop. Sci. 21(1&2):143-149.
45. Biswas PL, Ghosal S, Hossain MK, Nath UK (2010) Genetic variability, correlation and path analysis in Maintainer lines of hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.). Bangladesh J. Prog. Sci. & Tech. 8(1):115-118.
46. Khatun MA, Nath UK, Uddin MM, Mia MS, Karim MZ (2009) In vitro regeneration potentiality of Chilli accessions from different explants. Bangladesh J Environ Sci. 17: 26-30.
47. Ferdausi A, Nath UK, Das BL, Alam MS (2009) In vitro regeneration system in brinjal (Solanum melongen L.) for stress stress tolerant somaclone selection. J Bangladesh Agril Univ. 7(2): 253-258. http://DOI: 10.3329/jbau.v7i2.4731
48. Nath UK, Wilmer JA, Wallington EJ, Becker HC, Möllers C (2009) Increasing erucic acid content through combination of the endogenous high erucic acid and low poly unsaturated fatty acids alleles with ectopically expressed Ld-LPAT2-Bn-fae1 transgene in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 118:765 -773. http://DOI 10.1007/s00122-008-0936-7
49. Nath UK, Goswami G, Clemens R, Becker HC, Möllers C (2009) Inheritance and variation of erucic acid content in a transgenic rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) doubled haploid population. Molecular Breeding. 23:125-138. http://DOI 10.1007/s11032-008-9220-4
50. Nath UK, Iqbal MCM, Möllers, C (2007) Early, non-destructive selection of microspore-derived embryo genotypes in oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) by molecular markers and oil quality analysis. Molecular Breeding. 19:285-289. http://DOI 10.1007/s11032-006-9053-y
51. Khanam MSR, Hassan L, Islam MS, Nath UK (2005) Multivariate analysis in tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L.). Bangladesh J. Pl. Breed. Genet. 18(2):53-57.
52. Nath UK, Alam MS, Raffi SA, Naz S (2004) Effect of different hormones in in vitro regeneration of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). J Bangladesh Agril Univ. 2:245-250.
53. Raffi SA, Nath UK (2004) Variability, heritability, genetic advance and relationships of yield and yield contributing characters in dry bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Journal of Biological Sciences. 4:157-159. Doi. 10.3923/jbs.2004.157.159
54. Khan N, Alam MS, Nath UK (2004) In vitro regeneration of garlic through callus culture. Journal of Biological Sciences. 4:189-191.
55. Nath UK, Naz S, Alam S, Raffi SA, Hossain MA (2003) In vitro regeneration and bulblet formation in garlic. Progress. Agric. 14:23-25.
56. Raffi SA, Newaz MA, Nath UK (2003) Selection index for dry bean genotypes (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Progress. Agric. 14:15-17.
57. Nath UK, Naz S, Rahman MM (2003) Genetic divergence of Brassica campestris, Brassica juncea and their hybrids. Pak J Biol Sci. 6:936-938.
58. Hossain MA, Nath UK, Rahman L (2003) Identification of superior soybean genotypes based on stabile performance of harvest index using stability analysis. Bangladesh J Environ Sci. 9:176-179.
59. Naz S, Rahman L, Quddus MA, Nath UK (2003) Correlation and path analysis in parent, inter variety and inter species hybrids of Brassica juncea and Brassica campestris. Bangladesh J Agril Sci. 30:169-177.
60. Haque MA, Nath UK, Ahmed QN, Alam S (2003) Effect of 2,4-D and BAP on in vitro regeneration of garlic. Online Journal of Biological Sciences. 2:771-774.
61. Nath UK, Alam MS (2002) Genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance of yield and related traits of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Online Journal of Biological Sciences. 2:762-764. DOI: 10.3923/jbs.2002.762.764
b) List of published scientific articles presented in national and international conference:
1. Nath UK (2017) Plant Genetic Resources: Conservation, Utilization and Industrialization in Bangladesh. September 27, 2017. International Symposium on Natural Products and Plant Resources & 2017 Conference of the Plant Resources Society of Korea.
2. Nath UK, Kayum MA, Kang SI, Jung HJ, Abuyusuf M, Kim HT, Park JI, Nou IS (2017) InDel sequence variation in acetyltransferase gene reveals high and low sugar content in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) genotypes. 3-6 September, 2017, Valencia, Spain. IXV Solanacea and 3rd Cucurbitacea joint Conference.
3. Nath UK, Kayum MA, Jung HJ, Park JI, Nou IS (2016) Transcriptional Regulation of Carotenoid Metabolism and Biosynthesis in Orange Chinese Cabbage. Brassica 2016, 20th Crucifer Genetics Conference, October 03-06, 2016, Melbourne, Australia
4. Nath UK, Kayum MA, Jung HJ, Park JI, Nou IS (2016) Interactive Effect of Flowering Pathway Genes on Regulation of Anthocyanin Biosynthesis and Accumulation in Chinese cabbage. 20th Crucifer Genetics Conference, October 03-06, 2016, Melbourne, Australia
5. Samadder M, Nath UK, Malek MA (2014). Genetic study for selection and molecular characterization of phosphorus efficient Soybean genotypes. October 25-26, 2014, dhaka, 9th Biennial Conference, Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh.
6. Chakrobarty T, Nath UK (2014) Screening and genotyping of mustard (Brassica juncea) as a source of heavy metal absorbant. October 25-26, 2014, dhaka, 9th Biennial Conference, Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh.
7. Nath UK, Haque MS, Hammim J, Akhter D (2014) Improvement and selection of high quality Strawberry in Bangladesh using tissue culture and molecular techniques. October 25-26, 2014, dhaka, 9th Biennial Conference, Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh.
8. Datta S, Nath UK, Azad MAK (2014) Induction of allelic variation for modifying fatty acid pattern in mustard (Brassica rapa L.) using gamma radiation. October 25-26, 2014, dhaka, 9th Biennial Conference, Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh.
9. Ali M, Nath UK, Azad MAK (2014) Breeding for developing drought tolerance rice genotypes. October 25-26, 2014, dhaka, 9th Biennial Conference, Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh.
10. Nath UK, Becker HC, Möllers C (2007) Increasing erucic acid content in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Proc: 12th Intl Rapeseed Cong Wuhan, China 1:173-176.
11. Nath UK, Iqbal MCM, Möllers C (2007) In vitro selection of microspore derived embryo genotypes based on molecular marker and oil quality analysis in oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.). Proc: 12th Intl Rapeseed Cong Wuhan, China 2:20-23.
12. Nath UK, Becker HC, Möllers C (2006) Increasing erucic acid content in oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.). 8. GPZ-Tagung. 14-16. März 2006, Freising- Weinstephan, München. Vortr. Pflanzenzüchtg. 68, 52 (Germany)
13. Hassan L, Nath UK (2003) Agrobacterium mediated genetic transformation in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Proc: Intl Chickpea Conf Raipur, Chhatisgarh, India, January 20-22, 2003.
1. Ph D thesis: Increasing erucic acid content in the seed oil of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) by combining selection for natural variation and transgenic approaches - Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Georg-August-University Göttingen, Germany – January 2008
Thesis repository link: http://webdoc.sub.gwdg.de/diss/2008/nath/nath.pdf
2. MS thesis: Study on genetic diversity and in vitro regeneration potentiality of Groundnut – Dept. of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh - December 2001
Appendix I (A)
Supervision/Co-Supervision of Master of Science (MS) and PhD Students and their Thesis Title:
I. List of supervised MS students:
SL. No. Student Name Student ID No. MS Thesis Title Year
1 Mahbuba Ferdousi 08AgGPBJJ07M Marker based morphogenetical diversity of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) 2009
2 Mousumi Paul 08AgGPBJD09M Morpho-physiological variability and molecular diversity in Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) 2009
3 Md. Atiqul Alam 08AgGPBJD10M Breeding for developing short duration Mustard (Brassica juncea) genotypes in Bangladesh 2009
4 Md. Zakiul Hasan 08AgGPBJD12M Crossability, genetic study and performance test among high yielding and traditional salt tolerance varieties along with their F1s generation 2010
5 Md. Hafizul Hasan 08AgGPBJD23M Morphogenetical characterization and performance of 7x7 diallel crosses of Wheat (Triticum aestivum) 2010
6 Mohammad Riazur Rahman 09AgGPBJJ01M Marker aided selection of tissue culture derived somaclonal variants in Brinjal 2010
7 A.K.M. Sajjadul Islam 09AgGPBJJ03M Genetic Study and selection of Soybean lines for higher yield
8 Md. Khaled Hossain Sarker 09AgGPBJJ06M Genetic study and character association for selecting desirable high yielding Rapeseed mutants 2010
9 Md. Jubair Al Rashid 09AgGPBJD05M Variability and Genetic study of Groundnut mutants for their yield attributes and oil pattern 2011
10 Most. Shahida Sharmin Afroz 09AgGPBJD08M Genetic diversity and detail genetic study of M7 Soybean mutants 2011
11 Sanjoy Kumar Debsharma 10AgGPBJD09M Selection of Groundnut lines for higher yield, disease resistance and unimodal flowering pattern 2011
12 Bijoy Kumar Halder 10AgGPBJD08M Selection and morpho-molecular characterization of mutant rice lines for early maturity using SSR marker
13 Mohammad Khorshed Alam 10AgGPBJJ01M Genetic analysis of some morpho-physiological agronomic traits and cercospora leaf spot resistance in Groundnut 2011
14 Partha Sarothi Saha 10AgGPBJD01M Molecular characterization and genetic study of submergence tolerant rice genotypes 2012
15 Sarmila Saha 10AgGPBJD06M Somatic embryogenesis and selection of somaclonal variants in Groundnut for drought tolerance 2012
16 Muhiuddin Faruqee 11AgGPBJJ05M Molecular characterization using RAPD markers of Soybean mutants and selection of one superior genotype over environments 2012
17 Hamim Jahan 11AgGPBJJ01M Somaclonal variation, molecular characterization and genetic study in Strawberry 2012
18 Mita Sarkar 11AgGPBJJ02M Genetic variability assessment in some salt tolerant mutant lines of Wheat through morphological and molecular techniques 2012
19 Tilak Kumar Ghosh 12AgGPBJJ02M Phenotypic and molecular assessment of tomato lines for germplasm conservation and selection 2013
20 Md. Shahin Iqbal 12AgGPBJJ08M Genetic diversity analysis of Mustard germplasm based on phenotypic traits and molecular markers for selecting short duration genotypes 2013
21 Shamiul Haque 12AgGPBJJ10M Assessment of field performance and molecular characterization of tissue culture variants of Strawberry 2013
22 Md. Farukul Islam 12AgGPBJJ11M Selection of drought tolerance mutants from gamma ray treated Rice population of Nerika1 and Nerika10 through phenotypic observation and molecular marker 2013
23 Sharmin Sultana 12AgGPBJJ12M Development of high yielding and quality Tomato lines through the diallel cross 2013
24 Md. Shamiul Haque 12AgGPBJJ10 Assessment of field performance and molecular characterization of tissue culture variants of strawberry 2013
25 Anik Datta 13AgGPBJJ03 Evaluation of Some M2 and M3 Population of Nerica Rice Under Rainfed Condition 2014
26 Shipra Rani Das 13AgGPBJJ07M Selection and Characterization of F4 Rice Lines for enriching Iron and Zinc Content 2014
27 Md. Shoriful Haque 13AgGPBJJ04M Development and standardization of isolating high quality and throughput genomic DNA for PCR amplification in Bottle gourd 2015
28 Mitu Samadder 13AgGPBJD01M Genetic study for selection and molecular Characterization of Phosphorus efficient Soybean genotypes 2015
29 Maria Bari Eva 13AgGPBJD04M Breeding Soybean for heat tolerant genotypes 2015
30 Prosonjit Roy 14AgGPBJJ18M Somaclonal variation through microporpagation and irradiation for selecting Ascochyta Blight resistance genotypes of Lentil 2016
31 Tusher Chakroborty 14AgGPBJJ19M Screening and genotyping of Indian mustard
(Brasscajuncea) as a source of heavy metal absorbent 2016
32 Md. Al-Noor 14AgGPBJJ20M 14AgGPBJJ20M Inducing variability in rice for enriched Fe and Zn content through in vitro culture followed by gamma irradiation 2016