Go Back to Editorial Board
|Designation||Post Doctoral Fellow|
|Department||Agriculture & Horticulture|
Job Description at Bioscience Research Foundation (BRF) - GLP, Chennai.As a Section In-charge and Study Director, I have established Ecotoxicology lab and successfully faced NGCMA’s pre-audit and main audit with entire ecotoxicology studies at Bioscience Research Foundation, Chennai and finally received OECD- GLP certificate
Studies Conducted as per OECD, EPA & WHO guidelines:-
- Acute oral toxicity effect of chemicals on honeybees
- Acute contact toxicity of chemical on honeybees
- Acute toxicity studies in fishes
- Acute immobilization effect of chemicals on Daphnia magna
- Acute toxicity effect of chemicals on Earthworms
- Growth inhibitory effect of chemicals on Alga sp.
- Growth inhibitory effect of chemicals on Lemna gibba
- Acute toxicity in birds
- Dietary toxicity in birds
- Preparation of study plan, raw data and report.
- Surface persistence study against cockroach, mosquitoes, Bedbug and housefly
- Repellent study against mosquitoes
- Growth inhibitory effects of different chemicals on mosquitoes and housefly
- Preparation of SOP’s and apply as per requirements
- Field studies- Tomato, Chilli, Groundnut, Brinjal, bhendi & Poultry for housefly management.
- Entomologist at Saudi Arabia (March 2013-March 2014)
- Identification of pests in the given geographical region and devise suitable pest control activities.
- Conduct site inspection to find out potential breeding areas.
- Pest management related to elimination of insects, termites and other pests which harmful to lawns, flower and landscaped trees.
- Rodent and lizards control in populated areas
- Facilitating off site solution for key pest problems in farm and home
- Leading, mentoring and monitoring the team members to ensure efficiency in process operation an meeting individual and group target
- Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera) is susceptible to various insects pest. Among them Red Palm weevil, White grab, mealybug, scales and mites are major pest in Saudi Arabia.
List of Publications: